Making a path to Guru Sahib - Stone Painting Activity
For this activity you will need:
Learn the qualities of a Sikh!
Sat – Truth
Santokh – Contentment
Dheya – Compassion
Nimrita – Humility
Pyar – Love
Kirat Karo – Work Hard
Vand Shako – Share what you have
Naam Japo – Meditate on Vaheguru
Paint and decorate your stones using the qualities above! Once dry, create a path to Guru Ji in your Garden! Send in your pictures via instagram @dilmeet.kaur or email, including your child’s name, age and city for your children’s artwork to be featured on our page
- Take your stone, wash dry and place onto tissue paper or newspaper
- Draw your chosen design, words or pattern onto the stone using a marker pen
- Paint onto your stone, try to keep your brush dry to avoid the colours running. When you have washed you paintbrush to change colour, use your tissue paper to dry the brush before applying the next colour. This will help to keep your stone clean and easy to paint on!
- Glaze your stone with a varnish to protect them from the rain if you are placing them outdoors
- Find a creative way to display your stones! You can create a path, put them around plant pots or have them on display around the garden!
- When placing your stones, sit down and discuss with a grown up the meanings of the words above or those which you have written
- Be sure to send in your photos and share your work with friends and family!